Local Gutter Clean is a trading arm of Lawnscience Bury St Edmunds and can give you a fast, efficient and clean gutter cleaning service resolving your issues with blocked, leaking and overflowing gutters.
If you would like more information, or to book an appointment, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07403 603109.
Gutter Clearing Prices
Up to 3 Bedroom Properties – £89.00
Up to 4 Bedroom Properties – £110.00
Up to 5 Bedroom Properties – £135.00
Three Storey Properties – £155.00
Over 5 Bedroom – please email with property size.
Bungalows – priced as above
It is essential to look after your guttering, keeping it free from leaves and other debris, to protect your home from damage, and you from high repair costs. Regular gutter cleaning plays a vital role in the structural maintenance of your home.
Can you remember the last time you had your gutters checked? If, like most people, you can’t remember, then right now is the time to get it done! Gutters have a vital job; they take rainwater away from your roof, down the drain. If they clogged up, the results can be serious – you could end up needing expensive gutter replacement or with structural damage to your property. This can cause damp which presents a number of issues to your property and those living there.
A quick way to tell if your gutters need a bit of TLC is to pop outside while it’s raining – if water is running down the side of your house or coming over the top of your gutter, they are likely to be blocked and may even be sagging.
My gutter clearing service deals with all types of debris, including:
• Leaves, including wet and compacted leaves
• Birds’ nests and accumulated bird droppings
• Plant debris such as moss
• Roof tile and brick debris
I clear gutters using a SkyVac system that allows me to remove all contents from the safety of the ground – no ladders, no mess and zero risk!
Leaking gutter joints are another very common problem. Leaks often occur when debris gets caught in the joints, and sometimes this is simply from general wear and tear. If you are experiencing damp in your home, it is always a good idea to have your gutters checked and it could be them causing the problem. This service is carried out externally and does not require us to enter your home; all we need is access around your property to check all gutters.
Water can cause some of the worst damage to a property, but water damage can be difficult to spot until it is too late, resulting in expensive repairs…
• Water running down the side of your home slowly erodes brickwork
• Saturated external surfaces will expose the structure to an increase of damage from frost and ice
• Water running off the walls will saturate the ground below, eventually damaging foundation structures
• Poorly maintained gutters will become damaged as a result of build-up of water
• Guttering will eventually collapse and cause damage to the structure anchor points
Damage caused by water to your home’s internal structure happens slowly and is often an unseen consequence of poorly maintained gutters and the water damage this causes. Damage can be significant and costly…
• Overflowing gutters can allow water to flow past fascia boards and onto internal roof area
• Mould and other fungal growths occur on internal surfaces
• Water often seeps through onto internal surfaces and into cavity spaces
• Damp can provide ideal environments for insect populations
• Development of rising damp
• Saving you taking any risks climbing ladders to do the gutter cleaning work yourself
• Saving you money in the long term by preventing costly repairs to gutters and your home
• Giving you peace of mind, knowing that a vital part of your home’s drainage system is looked after
To ensure that you maintain your gutter and protect your property refer to our guide Gutter Maintenance tips.